Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead a team with diverse levels of expertise and focus
- Effective customer relationship skills, interpersonal skills, strong aptitude for mentoring and coaching less experienced staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM; Moody’s KMV and Enable; possess the ability to learn new software packages quickly.
- Ability to perform credit analysis of business (corporate, partnership, LLC, and non-for-profit etc.) financial statements and tax returns. Understand supporting information such as leases, cash flow reports, projections, and aging reports. Ability to interpret and analyze personal tax returns, statements and credit reports. Ability to prepare global debt service, collateral coverage and personal cash flow analyses.
- Ability to analyze real estate, equipment, and corporate asset valuations using external appraisal reports and equalization values and determine collateral risk and calculate accurate Loan-To-Value ratios given EDA’s lien priority.
- Ability to interpret loan documentation and modification documentation needed to protect EDA’s interests in loans.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and promote effective relationships with business professionals and EDA staff.
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized and handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff.
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
- Must possess high level analytical skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical initiatives
- Ability to identify the need for procedural changes and propose reasonable remedies to improve process efficiencies and strengthen compliance efforts
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in business, accounting, finance or economics and/or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in commercial lending, economic development or finance
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to site visits, events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- License: Staff are required to possess a driver's license valid in New Jersey only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essentials duties of the position.
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.