Required Skills and Abilities
- Basic to moderately advanced knowledge of secured lending
- Ability to read, understand and interpret and be proficient in the statutes, regulations, policies and procedures; and in multiple Federal and State rules and regulations
- Familiar with legal terminology and documents; ability to accurately review legal documents for acceptability
- Ability to analyze basic to moderately complex legal problems, concepts, and documents with emphasis in the area of secured lending transactions and real estate transactions; and draft legal documents
- Ability to understand, accept and adhere to established Authority procedures
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimum supervision
- Emotionally intelligent; demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
- Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constrains with little or no supervision, shift priorities as necessary; and function effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
- Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum five (5) years experience in commercial secured lending/legal environment, including experience in working with real estate transactions and loan documentation
- Formal legal education and training required with an emphasis in secured lending
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
- Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
- As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
- Paralegal certificate or degree
- Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Foreign degrees/transcripts must be evaluated by a reputable evaluation service at your own expense and must be submitted prior to a start date. If this cannot be provided within 21 days of an offer the offer will be rescinded.
- Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
- Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.