This position is responsible for working directly with incentives recipients, consultants, and CPAs to review and request the issuance and transfer of annual tax credits to the Division of Taxation. This position also monitors and ensures post-payment contract compliance for a high-volume portfolio of incentive recipients.
$48,540 - $60,675
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required Skills and Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong analytical, technical and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize workload, must be highly organized, detail-oriented, handle various tasks simultaneously and work independently within limited time constraints with little or no supervision
• Ability to manage a large, diverse portfolio of customers simultaneously
• Must be able to develop a high level of proficiency in understanding and applying NJ statutory and EDA policy guidelines in order to effectively interpret Real Estate Incentive Agreements
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; proficient in grammar, spelling and editing; and foster communications with business professionals and EDA staff
• Strong decision-making ability
• Ability to meet tight deadlines
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively and diplomatically with business professionals and EDA staff
• Demonstrates respectful behavior and promotes teamwork and communication to encourage an interactive, cooperative, collaborative and customer focused work environment among division, EDA staff and external customers
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and have the ability to learn new software packages
Education and Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent professional experience in Business, Finance, Economic Development, Insurance, or related field.
• Minimum 2-5 years’ work experience in Business, Finance, Insurance, Economic Development, or related field
• Experience with legal documents preferred
Advanced degree or industry specific certification may be substituted for 1 year of experience
• Ability to work outside normal business hours, as needed
• As necessary to events, meetings, businesses, etc.
Certificates and Licenses Required
• Valid driver’s license
The examples of work for this title are for illustrative purposes only. A particular position using this title may not perform all duties listed in this job description. Conversely, all duties performed on the job may not be listed. This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope, general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Your employment at NJEDA is voluntary and subject to termination by you or NJEDA at will, with or without cause, or with or without notice, at any time. Nothing in this job description shall be interpreted to conflict, eliminate, or modify the employment-at-will status of NJEDA employees.
This position is considered exempt and is excluded from minimum wage, overtime regulations, and other rights and protections afforded nonexempt workers under the FLSA.
NJEDA reserves the right to amend/revise this job description as necessary to meet current and changing business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
• Must comply with the “New Jersey First Act” which requires employees hired after September 1, 2011 to reside in New Jersey. Non-New Jersey resident employees must relocate to New Jersey within one year of their date of hire and provide proof of residency to Human Resources.
• Must complete an Outside Activity Questionnaire (disclosure of outside office or employment) on an annual basis.